awegen is an intelligent code generator for Yii framework with optional Twitter Bootstrap support.
awegen borrows goodies from giix and gtc.
[Note: This extension isn’t maintained any more.]
What awegen does?
- Generates textarea for
text db type.
- Genearates textarea with markitp editor for
longtext db type. (Uses markitup widget.)
- Generates checkbox for
boolean db types.
- Uses JToggleColumn for
boolean types in Admin/CGridView. (Uses JToggleColumn extension.)
- Generates fields with Datepicker for
date db type.
- Generates fields with Datetimepicker for
timestamp db type. (Uses datetimepicker widget.)
- Allows easy addition of access control templates in the generator.
( Users can add templates into
AweCrud/templates/default/auth folder and they will be listed in the CRUD generator.)
- Guesses e-mail fields by field names and adds e-mail validation for forms and mailto links for views.
- Guesses image fields by field names and tries to display the image in views.
- Guesses url fields by field names and adds url validation for forms and creates links for views.
- Guesses password fields by field names, generates password fields for them in forms and hides them from non-admin users in views.
- Guesses createtime and updatetime fields and adds proper timestamp behaviour to them.
- Uses Activerecord-relation-behavior to handle all kinds of relations.
- Creates pulldown menu for one-to-many and one-to-one relations.
- Creates checkboxes for fields with many-to-many relations.
- Keeps generated code in abstract base model so that regeneration doesn’t overwrite user changes.
- Guesses identification column for models and uses them in headings and breadcrumbs.
(Looks for following fields in order of priority – name, title, slug, any field with name in its name, first non-numeric field, primary key.)
- Handles parent-child relationship of items among same model. (Allows an item to be parent/child of any other items from the same table but not itself.)
Download from https://github.com/xtranophilist/awegen/zipball/master.
Extract the awegen folder from the archive to extensions directory of your application.
Add the path of awegen to generatorPaths section in gii module configuration in
'modules' => array(
'gii' => array(
'class' => 'system.gii.GiiModule',
'password' => 'password',
'generatorPaths' => array(
Add the components required to your imports section:
'import' => array(
/gii, login and select AweModel Generator to create Model and then AweCrud to generate Controller and Views.
Use ‘*’ for table name in Model generator to preview all models. Generate all or selectively.
Repo on Github.
Extension on official Yii site.
Credits to @bunkdeath for helping me with this.